My first backpacking gear - #350WordsWeekly

Hi All. I’m searching for an ultra-light backpacking gear and this post will be about what I’m considering using, given my little experience on trekking long-distance paths.

Since I was young, I had hiking and camping experiences due to my parents’ fondness for this kind of activities, and later on #Scouting activities. I already went thru the experience of preparing a backpack, but usually for one day activity, and for one single campsite. So, this will be quite a new experience for me.

My goal is to prepare a 13kg / 28lb backpack for my first 21 days thru-hike at Kungsleden, Sweden, including three litters of water, three meals and considering the possibility of cold night conditions.

This is the first time that I will be packing a tent. It’s very different from what I expected. I can easily get for an acceptable price a two-body tent with 1,6kg / 3lb only. The tent isn’t my major weight problem.

Including the usual stuff, like the backpack itself, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, navigation gear, extra clothes (excluding the clothes I’ll be using), and considering larger items only, this will be a difficult task since I’m already at 12kg / 26lb, without my recording equipment for example.

This is the gear I’m planning to take with me, in full detail: backpack, tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, stove, fuel, lighter, pot, spoon, food and snacks, water treatment supply, water bag and bottle, mug, first aid kit, silver and gold survival blanket, sunscreen, tooth brush and paste, soap, camera, GoPro, mobile phone, power bank, solar charger, GPS, tripod, map, memory cards, documents (personal and activity related), compass, sunglasses, toilet paper, towel, headlamp, trekking poles, insect repellent, rope, hiking socks (3), underwear (3), zip-off hiking pants, rain pants, other pants, t-shirt (2), rain jacket, boots, hat, beanie, neck gaiter (warm and could), gloves, scarf, sleepwear and flip-flops.

Considering my gear expectations, do you really think I’m able to fulfill my target load? Are you able to share any tips about this topic or some of your experiences?

Hope you enjoyed this post. If you did, kindly comment, subscribe and/or share.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Portuguese Hike Markings - #350WordsWeekly

My first 100km trek - #350WordsWeekly