Sintra – Cascais preparation - #E9Project


As mentioned before on this blog, I’m preparing to walk the section Sintra – Cascais of E9 - European Coastal Path / GR11 - Caminho do Atlântico as part of my #E9Project. Today I will share with you some details about the research I did about this section.

This path was requalified recently, and the marks on are clear but this requalification was done between Tamariz beach – Magoito beach only, excluding the section Magoito beach – Carvalhal. Even so we didn’t’ found missing marking areas in this last section.


About the requalified section, the marks are visible with a high cadence and you will find some old marks not erased. I only will point a concern about this, in Grande beach a part of this sections was change due to problems with the hills. If you pretend to walk this section from north to south, you will note a marking error. You will find a “right way” mark instead a “turn left”, you can check the imagens below to understand better. Probably this error is related to the restriction to climb the stairs of the hill.


Considering we will hike from south to north, we will find a pathway close to the sea at the first 11,5 km / 7 mi. This is a city area, almost 100% of part is bicycle path and due to this the difficulty is very easy but not so interesting. After Guincho beach until Grande beach the path is under National Parque of Sintra - Cascais and out of city space expecting to be the best place to feel nature. After Grande beach we will return to human spaces, but now, small villages and will be mostly on dirt track path on the hills and mountains. You can check the pathway on Wikiloc to get a best reference.

I hope return to you soon, to update you about my first journey. Probably I will be writing first about the second section I’m preparing to do. You can read more about my #E9Project using this label. Hope you enjoyed this post. In that case, kindly comment, subscribe and share.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Portuguese Hike Markings - #350WordsWeekly

My first 100km trek - #350WordsWeekly

My first backpacking gear - #350WordsWeekly